Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Learning To Shoot Like A Pro



I bought a fancy camera, but did I do, I shoot everything in auto mode because I really don't know how to shoot like a real photographer. On a good day with good light, I have shoot some really beautiful pictures. When quite often, I have pictures just doesn't look right. So, I started photography class hope to learn how to shoot like a real photographer.


This is one of my favorite pictures. My goal is to be able to get the same effect with the manual setting.

Today was my first try. I went with Kelly to her ice skating practice. The skating range has many challenges. The light is not good, too much white background, moving target. I turned off my auto, set my shutter speed, and just went with it.. Pictures are far from ideal because I forgot to check my exposure during the shooting. I am still learning the best combination of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. But, this is a start. I like it the process and start to feel comfortable. Tomorrow, gymnastic practice.